Sunday, October 17, 2010

Update on Stevie's Artisans


Sorry, I've been away for such a long time. Lots to catch up on.

To recap from my last posting: I left selling in a "brick & mortar" store format and unfortunately, the Hot Saturday idea just didn't pan out either. During the past summer I experimented selling through various, other retail options and outlets: street fairs, flea markets and shopping parties. In June, I set up a table at a neighborhood street fair - the Smith Street Fun Fair. The crowds were huge, the day was broiling hot and I had a fair amount of sales and lots of positive feedback. (The above image is of baby t-shirts and onsies printed with Ivette's screen art.)

I spent a couple of Sundays selling at the Hester Street Flea Market on New York's Lower East Side, although the financial return wasn't as good as for the Smith Street Fair. Ivette and I also had a couple of "shopping parties" at my home. Friends and acquaintances gathered in my living room for wine, cheese & crackers and shopping on a couple of Sunday afternoons. I mean, what's better than wine and shopping?

We'll definitely do a shopping party right after Thanksgiving. Maybe wine and pie instead of cheese & crackers.

As for online sales - Etsy has been okay, not great, just okay. For those who have noticed, I confirm that my own website has been a disaster. Completely MIA. I hired someone to design my site - paid him - he put up a rather incomplete presentation, then he took it down and disappeared. Yikes! Thankfully, my son was able to put up a temporary page so I'd have some credibility.

Good news - finalmente! Russell Borne, my niece Alyssa's boyfriend, is a graphic artist and web designer and he is going to build a site for Stevie's Artisans. It will have a store front (goodbye Etsy) and it will be fabulous. Russell is amazingly talented.

So, coming soon! The Stevie's Artisans website where you will see and be able to buy the work of Ivette Urbaez (screen art fashions), Teri Scaduto (quilts), Anita Trudeau & Mike Sweek (fused glass), Elizabeth Ortiz (mobiles and jewelry), Diana Pucci (jewelry) and Naemeh Shirazi (cameo collection, shown above).

No comments:

Post a Comment